Maglott Hall, the west wing of Founder’s Hall, was named in honor of Eva and Frederick Maglott, two faculty members from Ohio Northern’s early years.
In February 1966 the contract for Park was awarded to the A.E. Knowlton Construction Company of
Eva (Sisson) Maglott was born in
In 1881 Prof. Maglott began teaching mathematics and Latin, courses that she taught until 1916. Between 1902 and 1904 she served as Preceptress, a position in which she oversaw the school’s female students.
In March 1916, ill health forced her to request a leave of absence to recuperate at the Bowling Green Sanatorium, but unfortunately her underlying health problems proved severe. By late May, Prof. Maglott had returned to
Frederick Maglott was born in
He graduated in the Classical Course in 1877, the same year that he bought a one-fourth interest in the university. This made him one of the university’s trustees, and he held that position until the school was sold to the
Prof. Maglott’s teaching duties included geography, arithmetic, Latin and Greek. He also authored A Manual of Geography, a work that eventually ran to some fifteen editions. In addition to teaching, he served briefly as Northern’s Dean of the Faculty.
He retired Spring 1912, and, in a complete change of occupation, opened a car dealership on the corner of Johnson and Buckeye Streets in