The Robertson –
Prior to the construction of Robertson – Evans, pharmacy classes had been held in several buildings. In 1894 a two-story frame structure was erected behind the Normal School Building where it stood until 1909. At that time it was moved to the southeast corner of
By the 1960’s it was obvious that Dukes was no longer adequate for the growing pharmacy program, and in 1964 the university’s board of trustees approved the construction of a new building on west campus. Groundbreaking ceremonies were held at Homecoming in October 1964, and the first were held in Robertson-Evans on
The building, as originally constructed, had a total of 45,290 sq. ft., 18,433 sq. ft. on each of the first and second floors with a 8,424 sq. ft. basement. The total cost for the project was $1,450,000. The architect was the firm of Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum, Inc. of
The building was expanded by the Pierstorf Annex, dedicated on
The 3,000 square foot, two story addition is located on the east side of Robertson- Evans. The annex was named for Dr. Clarence H. Pierstorf and Dr. & Mrs. Ervin W. Pierstorf and houses a computer lab, a student lounge and the pharmacy museum.
James D. Robertson was born in 1877 in Holly Michigan. He received the degree of PHG from Northern in 1898. In April 1902, he and his brother opened Robertson Bros. Drug Store in
Thomas J. Evans received a PHG degree from Ohio Northern in 1894. He moved to