Stambaugh Hall was named for Avanell Conner Stambaugh in recognition of her generous support of the university. Stambaugh Hall was built on the site of Turner Hall, which was destroyed by fire on
The Knowlton Construction Company of
Avanelle Connor Stambaugh was born in 1873 on a farm south of
Mrs. Stambaugh had numerous civic interests, one of which was the Ada Public Library. She served as President of the library board from 1936 until her death. In
1953, a major donation from here made the current library building possible as well as an extensive remodeling in 1965.