The Freeman Annex to Dukes Memorial was named for Childe Harold Freeman, an Ohio Northern professor of English.
By the early 1990’s, an addition to Dukes was needed. Work on this project began in May 1994 with the removal of the old animal lab which dated from 1951 when Dukes was home to the
In Fall 2002, ground was broken for a further expansion, the Cornetet Addition, which was built onto the west end of the Freeman Annex. This section was completed in Fall 2003.
Dr. Childe Harold Freeman was born in
He returned to
His return to the university began in 1909 when he was appointed chair of the English department. He held this position for the next 43 years until his retirement in June 1952.
In addition to a career in teaching, Dr. Freeman served three terms in the Ohio General Assembly beginning in 1918. He also maintained an interest in the local school system, serving on the