If the answer to any of these questions is no, do not use this source
- Do the authors have proper credentials in the area that they are writing about?
- Different degrees denote different types of expertise. For example, an MD will not have had as much experience in research methodology as a PhD.
- Check to be sure the authors did not work for the company of the drug that they are researching which would introduce bias into the research.
- Are there references at the end of the paper?
- Are the references reflective to the time period that the study was done?
- Are they missing references or studies that would apply to this material (especially in the background)?