Ask these questions to help you narrow down your topic so that it is appropriate for your research project.
Example Broad Topic: World War II
- Who is a specific person or group involved with this topic, impacted by this topic, or related to this topic?
- example: women in the French Resistance
- What is a specific aspect of or issue related to this topic?
- example: effect on science and technology research and development
- When was a specific time that this topic happened, or a notable event related to this topic?
- example: Allied invasion of Normandy (D-Day)
- Where is a specific place that this topic happens or happened, or a notable place related to this topic?
- example: Mauthausen Concentration Camp in Austria
- Why does this topic happen, why is it important, and why should people care about it?
- example: current rise of far-right ideology